Posted April 10, 2013 by Richi in Latin
Julio Iglesias is a Spanish singer and songwriter who has sold over 300 million records worldwide in 14 languages and released 80 albums, and more than 2,600 gold and platinum records certified.
- Father to, daughter, Chabeli Iglesias and sons, Julio Iglesias Jr. and Enrique Iglesias, with ex-wife Isabel Preysler, all three singers and actors in their own right.
- Used to be a goalkeeper for the Real Madrid soccer team.
- Finished his law degree at Madrid, Spain’s Complutense University. He promised his now 84-year-old father that he would eventually graduate after dropping out 35 years ago to pursue his music career. [June 2001]
- Has five children with wife, Miranda Rijnsburger (born October 5, 1965), who were all born in Miami. Miguel Alejandro born, September 7, 1997, Rodrigo, born April 3, 1999, twin daughters, Victoria and Cristina, born, May 1, 2001) and Guillermo Iglesias-Rijnsburger (in honor of Miranda’s father), born May 5, 2007.
- Was one of the judges in the Miss Universe pageant of 1979.
- His father is of Spanish and Arabian descent and his mother is of Spanish descent.
- In 1985 he received his Star in Walk of Fame.
- Son of Dr. Julio Iglesias Puga and Maria del Rosario de la Cueva y Perignat.
- Older brother of Carlos Iglesias, born 1945, older half-brother of Jaime Iglesias born May 18, 2004 and Ruth Iglesias born, July 26, 2006 (his late father’s birthday).
- His maternal grandparents were Dolores de Perignat Orejuela de Camporedondo and Jose de La Cueva, a famous Andalusian journalist.
- Has one grandson Alejandro, who was born in Miami, on January 14, 2002, from his daughter Chabeli and her husband, Christian Altaba.
- Julio and Miranda were married in Virgen del Carmen church in Marbella, Spain, after two decades together.
- Fervent Real Madrid supporter.